This webinar is the first in a two-part series designed to empower Virginia's rural communities to access federal clean energy funding opportunities. To learn more about this prize opportunity and possible partnerships in Virginia, please visit the Virginia Forum on the Energizing Rural Communities Prize website.
WEBINAR: Clean energy funding for rural communities
Please join us to learn how you can apply or partner to apply for federal funding to help organize or finance a clean energy demonstration project in a remote or rural area of less than 10,000 residents.
When: Wednesday, April 12, 2023 from 3:30-4:30 PM (EST)
Hosts: Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service and the Virginia Department of Energy
In this webinar we will introduce the Energizing Rural Communities Prize, a federal funding opportunity that will provide $15 million in support to individuals, universities, tribal and local governments, and other community organizations. This prize aims to support the development of partnership plans or innovative financing strategies to improve energy systems and advance clean energy demonstration projects in rural communities. Learn more about:
- Energy Improvements in Rural or Remote Areas Program (ERA) sponsored by the US Department of Energy’s Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations
- Eligibility and Application timeline
- How to form a team
- Past prize-winners about their experiences
- Additional resources and support
- How to connect with other interested communities and potential partners
- Additional upcoming funding opportunities
For more information about the webinar, contact Brook Vernon: firstname.lastname@example.org